- Assist the Academic Director and senior faculty in drawing on extensive academic excellence to underpin and carry out research, or scholarship, teaching, leadership and management within EDA and faculty.
- Support the development and leadership of research, innovation and impact at an appropriately benchmarked level.
- Support learning objectives of students/diplomats at the Academy, both through the provision of training, designing research materials targeted at them, and engaging them in the development of the EDA’s research;and
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of pedagogic developments relating to learning and teaching to a level recognized externally for excellence
- Contribute to the promotion of theoretically informed and innovative approaches to learning and teaching related activities across EDA and externally.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist in the development of Academic Department’s strategic direction.
- Assist in the strategic development of the curriculum and learning and teaching / student support policies.
- Assist in the design, development and planning of modules and programs within the subject area as required.
- Assist the Academic Director and senior faculty in carrying out the duties of the post in accordance with EDA values and standards, and in line with EDA policies and procedures and local faculty/school benchmarks as appropriate, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Contribute in the integration of EDA value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job; respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of EDA community and of visitors to the EDA.
- To assist research-led teaching at different levels on taught courses, regularly collecting, and responding to, student feedback.
- Assist in the review of modules and programs and in quality assurance and enhancement as required.
- Write and prepare letters, make copies, provide the Professor with general administrative support.
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing administrative practices for the Professor, record keeping, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements.
- Take care of administrative tasks such as handling the correspondence and write memos emails.
- Support a safe work environment, including ensuring compliance with legislation and the undertaking of risk assessments.
- Coordinate with students as members of a learning community to provide world class education and an excellent student experience.
- Assist in providing timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Assist in supervising students undertaking research projects as appropriate.
- Assist in identifying, choosing and implementing different teaching methods for all students with various educational backgrounds.
- PHD qualification in relevant field of teaching.
The successful candidate will be committed to teaching future UAE diplomats, while engaging in a productive research agenda. He/she will be able to offer courses in the following fields: International Relations, Middle Eastern history and politics, International economics and international law. Preference for a teacher/scholar who can offer courses related to UAE and the GCC.
- 0 to 2 year’s teaching experience assisting in a research led environment in a public organization.
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
- English is mandatory and Arabic is preferred.
- Personal organization and team working skills; ability to prioritize work on agreed deadlines.
- A proven record of performance in providing support and assistance to managers with in the education industry.
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible.
- Driven, motivated with problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy with professional experience in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated commitment to values, workplace health and safety, and quality customer service principles and outcomes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the required duties, responsibilities and job specifications / requirements