- Make an effective contribution to teaching and learning in their discipline, modelling teamwork and flexibility to ensure the pedagogical and commercial success of the Academy.
- Contribute to curriculum, resource, program and subject design, development, management and review as required to ensure that learning and teaching in the Academy and across disciplines reflects best practice.
2. Key Responsibilities/Duties
Strategy and Planning
- Prepare high quality subject delivery and learning support materials through direct lecturing or using other platforms, electronic library information systems and other teaching and learning systems developed for use in the Academy.
- Assist in the strategic development of the curriculum and learning and teaching / student support policies.
- Assist in the design, development and planning of modules and programs within the subject area as required.
- Select and compile tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives.
- Review any textbook and other courseware changes with the Professors and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
- Teach assigned classes in accordance with learning objectives and session plans outlined.
- Submit grades for any assignments, discussion board exercises, exams and course completion.
- Present prepared materials, supervising organized workshop activities, and recording student progress.
- Organize and present instructional material at scheduled times and places.
- Catalog descriptions, course syllabi and outlines, and class schedules.
- Use the established syllabus and textbook for the course being taught.
- Participate in normal program/discipline maintenance and administrative activities.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relating to teaching and learning, making every effort to contribute to the continuous improvement and effectiveness of administration of teaching and learning.
- Continuously improve their own teaching and learning, including developing a comprehensive teaching portfolio, and contributing to the continuous development and improvement of learning and teaching across the Academy.
- Participate in scholarly activities that influence and enhance learning and teaching in the Academy.
- Administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics.
- Maintain records of student attendance, student progress, and grade distributions.
- Maintain discipline and order during instructional activities.
- Ensure that students are adequately informed of the requirements and conduct of learning activities.
- Encourage regular and effective consultation with students.
- A PHD, J.D. or LLM in the relevant field of teaching.
The successful candidate will be committed to teaching future UAE diplomats, while engaging in a productive research agenda. Preference will be given to applicants who can teach diplomatic law as well as other areas of international law. Ideally, He/she will also be able to offer courses in the following fields: International Relations, Middle Eastern history and politics, International economics and international law. Courses related to the UAE and GCC are a plus.
- 3 to 9 years of teaching experience as an Associate Professor in a research led environment
- Professional appearance and presentation skills.
- English is mandatory and Arabic is preferred.
- Personal organization and team working skills; ability to prioritize work on agreed deadlines.
- Driven, motivated with problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy with professional experience in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated commitment to values, workplace health and safety, and quality customer service principles and outcomes.
- Willingness to assist and support students.
- General understanding of the UAE culture with ability to incorporate it into teaching methods and experience.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the required duties, responsibilities and job specifications / requirements