Marketing and Communications Director
- Conduct and implement communications and outreach activities including public relations (PR), media management and relations, stakeholder engagement, website and portal management, internal communications, and student recruitment, as directed by the Marketing and Communications Director.
Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to the development of department’s strategy in the areas of communications, stakeholder engagement, and others as applicable.
- Ensure all work is conducted within the determined budget and as per department’s strategy, policy and procedures.
- Execute engagement with various stakeholders to maintain existing partnerships relationships and attract students.
- Ensure proper support for recruiting activities and generate awareness of the Academy and MoFA to potential new recruits.
- Help ensure that Academy’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Handle the Academy’s media relations and work on related communications and other related articles and press-releases based on guidance from the Marketing and Communications Director.
- Handle and conduct Public Relations (PR) events activities such as arranging visitors’ meetings and maintaining relations with partners, including managing diplomatic protocol issues when necessary.
- Drive and execute internal communications within the Academy.
- Develop internal communication mechanisms in order to keep students and faculty staff informed of Academy updates.
- Coordinate with the Academy’s website designer to ensure content is up-to-date and supports the outreach strategy, and update content directly where possible.
- Manage an internal portal, in collaboration with other departments.
- Ensure appropriate media coverage for EDA events such as symposia, hosted meetings, Academy assemblies, and other special events.
- Support local and international partnerships with promotional materials.
- Manage any sub-contracted relationships or other partnerships as necessary.
- Coordinate to outline needs for media coverage and assist in organization of marketing campaigns for the Academy in order to increase awareness to facilitate and support the recruitment plan.
- Manage participation of MoFA diplomats at recruiting events and other student and alumni events.
- Plan and manage outreach to UAE students abroad, in coordination with MoFA National Affairs and relevant Missions.
- Provide support and liaise with other UAE and International Government representatives with regard to attendance of students sponsored by entities other than MoFA.
- Support evaluation of all aspects of the Student Recruitment and Admissions process.
- Coordinate with the HR, and other departments at EDA and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of State.
- Manage contracted services to support execution of the Academy’s student recruitment functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, Education, International Relations, Social or Political Science or any related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic and diplomatic functions and operations.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of outreach, recruiting and admissions activities and supportive processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of government relations, protocol, and security issues. Ability to understand the relationship between the Academy, MoFA and/or any other government student sponsors and work closely with related HR functions.
- Experience with events management.
- Experience with web, print, and social media as professional communications tools.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English. (More languages is a plus).
- Detail oriented, proficient in managing complex events to include but not limited to:
o Management of related services.
- Able to proactively tackle and solve problems.