Marketing and Communications Director
- Conduct and implement marketing and outreach activities including marketing, advertising, student recruitment, and outreach events, as directed by the Marketing and Communications Director.
Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to the development of department’s strategy in the areas of marketing, advertising, events, and others as applicable.
- Ensure all work is conducted within the determined budget and as per department’s strategy, policy and procedures.
- Support development and execution of strategies for the Academy to maintain existing partnership relationships and attract students.
- Ensure proper support for recruiting activities and generate awareness of the Academy and MoFA to potential new recruits.
- Contribute to the development of the communications policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Help ensure that Academy’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop promotional materials and organize marketing campaigns for the Academy in order to increase awareness and support the recruitment efforts.
- Develop the periodic newsletter of the Academy.
- Handle and conduct PR events and activities such as arranging visitors’ meetings and maintaining relations with partners, including managing diplomatic protocol issues when necessary.
- Support organization of complex events for the Academy such as symposia, hosted meetings, Academy assemblies, and other special events.
- Support local and international partnerships with promotional materials.
- Handle the Academy’s Corporate Identity (CI) and ensure its effective implementation.
- Create a filing system (with all the documents related to marketing and PR activities) and ensure it is continuously updated.
- Manage any sub-contracted relationships or other partnerships as necessary.
- Coordinate to outline needs for promotional materials and to organize marketing campaigns for the Academy in order to increase awareness to facilitate and support the recruitment plan.
- Plan and manage attendance at UAE on-campus and other career fairs and recruiting events.
- Plan and manage participation of MoFA diplomats at recruiting events and other student and alumni events.
- Plan and manage outreach to UAE students abroad, in coordination with MoFA National Affairs and relevant Missions.
- Provide support and liaise with other UAE and International Government representatives with regard to attendance of students sponsored by entities other than MoFA.
- Support evaluation of all aspects of the Student Recruitment and Admissions process.
- Coordinate with the HR, and other departments at EDA and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of State.
- Manage contracted services to support execution of the Academy’s student recruitment functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, Education, International Relations, Social or Political Science or any related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic and diplomatic functions and operations.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of outreach, recruiting and admissions activities and supportive processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of government relations, protocol, and security issues. Ability to understand the relationship between the Academy, MoFA and/or any other government student sponsors and work closely with related HR functions.
- Experience with events management.
- Experience with web, print, and social media as professional communications tools.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English. (More languages is a plus).
- Detail oriented, proficient in managing complex events to include but not limited to:
o Management of related services.
o Able to proactively tackle and solve problems.