WHY JOIN EDA COMMUNITY
The Emirates Diplomatic Academy is a prestigious learning community that brings together the best of academia, research and practice through region-specific programs, cutting edge thought leadership and access to the UAE’s finest diplomatic minds.
EDA equips the UAE’s current and future diplomats with the knowledge, multi-disciplinary skills and network required for a rewarding career in Foreign Service.
EDA Graduates are empowered by the robust and dynamic learning environment, gaining superior diplomatic and leadership skills that will promote their careers and benefit their country. They emerge with the confidence and capabilities to proudly serve the UAE’s interests at home and around the world.
Forward thinking organisations that are engaged in international activities can nominate their new and current employees for places in EDA’s post-graduate programme and executive courses. The Academic Programmes also enable them to be part of an important UAE initiative to develop the next generation of UAE foreign policy professionals.
EDA provides an unparalleled learning community platform combining region-specific programmes, practical thought leadership, and access to the UAE’s finest diplomatic minds to ensure that employees return to their positions with diplomatic skills and valuable knowledge that will have a positive impact on the country.
To apply for EDA’s PGD programme, candidates must:
- Be UAE nationals fresh graduate or employed with a government or semi-government entity.
- Hold a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited university or college that is recognised by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4-point scale.
- A score of 6.0 or above on the IELTS Academic test or a 70 or above score on the the TOEFL iBT test.
- Have no objection to travelling abroad or working in missions.
To apply for EDA’s MA programme, candidates must:
- Have graduated from EDA’s PGD programme with a GPA that is above 2.5.
- Graduates with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.49 must sit for a qualifying exam.
- Graduates with a GPA of 3.5 or above are automatically qualified for admission.