His Excellency Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash
UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
His Excellency Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash is a member of the Federal Cabinet of the United Arab Emirates, serving as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
Dr. Gargash received his Ph.D from King's College, Cambridge and holds Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Political Science from George Washington University.
His Excellency holds a number of positions in addition to his Ministerial positions including:
- Chairman of the National Elections Committee, overseeing the UAE’s first elections which took place in 2006 and the subsequent elections in 2011 and 2015
- Chairman of the National Committee to Combat Human Trafficking
- Leads the UAE team for the Human Rights Periodic Review
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Al Owais Cultural Foundation
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Emirates Diplomatic Academy